Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Success!!!!



We'll we made it! Joel did great this morning. Got right out of the car with Caleb and never looked back. Caleb broke his standard record of refusing to go back to school on day 2 and it looks like we are off to a great start!! The only problem Joel had was he refused to eat lunch. His teacher walked him out to the car and said he didn't eat anything at lunch. She said I really tried to get him to eat something but he started to cry so I just backed off. He did eat his snack I sent him in the afternoon. When I questioned him he said the food they had was NASTY - YIKES!!! We had a talk tonight about the menu tomorrow and hopefully he will be fine. He told Craig that his first day was awesome and that he really loved Recess and P.E.!!

Caleb seemed a little more subdued this afternoon but after I got some food in him he perked up. He said that if he ran 8 laps in 12 seconds in PE that he would get a special award. (Now I am sure he has confused the number of laps and the time he has to complete them!) I said oh Caleb you are such a fast runner you can do that no problem to which he responded probably but I might have to TRAIN! I thought train - yeah right you going to do laps in the apartment!??

Christian is seeming to adjust fine. He has met a boy who goes to our new church and is also in the 6th grade - YEAH! That was one of our biggest prayer during this transition/move is that he would give Christian like minded friends and that Christian would go to school with some of the same kids he goes to church with! Such an answer to prayer. This boy is also involved in the Jr. High ministry at the church and will be at the meeting tomorrow night that Christian will attend. The only problem with Christian is the girls. He said mom I had a girl come up to me at my locker and say "my friend thinks you are cute." I said what did you say and he said I didn't say anything because she giggled and ran off. Then he said in the afternoon another girl walked up to him at his locker and said "you have beautiful eyes." I said what did you say to that and he said I couldn't say anything because she giggled and ran off as well - Oh my goodness we are just in 6th grade. So in my infinite wisdom I said Christian you should always be nice and not hurt anyone's feelings but we don't like girls! (Now Craig has instructed me not to say that anymore but so far Christian has not shown any interest in girls at all and that is fine with me....I am not encouraging it at all!) So I am sure you will hear more on this as the year goes on. This is a picture of him practicing his trumpet outside on the balcony at the apartment. We are probably going to have to figure out another practice place!

Mom made it fine today being by her self for the first time. I didn't even cry! To be honest it was really kind of nice. I was able to go and walk and spend quite a bit of time with the Lord uninterrupted and then run some errands. Plus since it takes me an hour to drop off in the mornings and a HUGE hour in a half to pick up (due to the different times their schools let out and the traffic picking up - gone are the days of everyone walking to/from school) my day seemed to go by quickly!

Thanks for all of the calls today to check on us!

Blog Archive