Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Caleb!

Today is Caleb's 9th birthday. (Yep, he and Joel are two years and 4 days apart!). We joyfully welcomed Caleb Aaron Wilson on Sunday, September 10, 2000 at 8:32 pm.

Caleb's pregnancy was fun because there was a lot of us pregnant at the same time at church. In fact I was working for our Children's Pastor and his wife was pregnant as well. (Poor Clayton a pregnant wife and secretary at the same time. Addison and Caleb are only 6 weeks apart.) I wasn't as sick as I was with Christian or Joel so that made it easier. I of course thought I was for sure having a girl and was so surprised that it was another boy. I went into pre-term labor at 34 weeks with Caleb. They stopped the contractions and put me on bed rest for the next 3 weeks. I had Caleb on a Sunday and it was the first day of football season. I remember before I had my epidural there were so many people in my room and I was hurting pretty bad, all of the men were at one end watching the Cowboys play and a nurse came in and made them all leave, ha. ha. Caleb was a good baby as well.

One thing I will never forget was an incident that happened when Caleb was 2 weeks old. Craig was working and my aunt was getting married. I sat Christian who was 4 down in front of the TV to watch the Olympics. I laid Caleb on the couch with the boppy around him and I went to get dressed. While I was curling my hair I could hear Christian just cracking up, I mean laughing loudly. I was thinking I don't think the Olympics are that funny. I came into the living room and Christian was rolling Caleb down the couch, saying roll Caleb roll. I was MORTIFIED. I mean not only was Caleb so little but Christian could have accidentally suffocated him or something. Needless to say he stayed with me from then on!!

Caleb - if anyone is going to get hurt it will be Caleb. He has put his hand through a window; hand through a glass door; ran straight into a barbed wire fence (still has that scar down his face); has a scar down his back from hitting a nail; you name it he has done it. He has gotten into more stuff than I can even remember. One day when Joel was an infant Caleb wanted to play outside. So I let him go in the backyard and kept the back door open so I could see him while I was feeding Joel. All of the sudden I hear him screaming here kitty, kitty, here kitty, kitty (and we didn't have a cat). The next thing I know he is in the house with an animal by the neck with blood coming down his arm and he is shaking it and hollering look mommy, look at my kitty. Thank goodness I had the wisdom to not over react. I calmly put Joel down and told Caleb to stay where he was. When I got closer to him I realized he had a squirrel by the neck and it had been injured, thus the blood. I again calmly told him to go back outside and put it down. He kept saying but mom it is my kitty. Animal control came and got the squirrel to make sure he didn't have rabies - thank goodness he didn't but I will NEVER forget it. Another time he and Christian were playing hide and seek and he climbed into the dryer!

Caleb is not really into school but he LOVES being around kids. He likes being outside riding his bike or scotter or playing with the neighborhood kids. He LOVES to swim and would swim all day everyday if we would let him. He likes all kinds of sports and has played soccer, baseball and flag football. He is the most sensitive of my children and the most DRAMATIC. He can have melt downs about anything - school work, homework, the heat, not getting something he wants!! He LOVES Jesus. I heard him praying the other night after I had tucked everyone into bed. He was so cute in the middle of praying he says Hold on a minute; then he says okay God I'm back, I had dropped my car and had to pick it up; then he says I hope that was okay and not rude to tell you to hold on; if it was rude I am sorry!!!

Happy Birthday Caleb, I love you so much. I am excited to see the success you will have this year in school and the years to come. I know God has great plans in store for you and can't wait to see how you grew and change into a Godly young man!

Blog Archive