Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oh What A Wonderful Day!


For those of you who read the previous blog entry I have an update - we now have CABLE! One week before we left Sugar Land we contacted DISH network to set up service through them. We wanted to go with Dish for 2 main reasons: 1 - it is cheaper than cable; 2 - we could still get our beloved Astros!! We had been waiting anxiously for August 13th to get here to hook up our service. In fact Tuesday night as I sat on the floor holding the rabbit ears so I could see the Women's Team Gymnastics I thought I can do this, just think tomorrow night I can actually record the Olympics and pause them and rewind them! So Wednesday morning the DISH guy arrived at 8:40 am. At 8:42 am he informed me that because our apartment faced North and not South he could not hook up our DISH. I am like let me understand this - I have waited all of this time and you are saying you cannot hook it up? Yes, he said you have to a line to the South to pick up pictures. I graciously let him out and called Time Warner. Desperately I told them - I do not want internet or phone or anything else - I just want cable and as soon as I can get it. They said how about between 8-11 tomorrow morning -I said I will take it. So the cable guy arrived around 9:00 this morning and had us going by 9:45 am. This best part - although we will not normally get the Astros because they were playing a day game today it was showing on cable. So this is a CLEAR picture (notice no rabbit ears on the floor) of the upcoming Astros game. Kids are in their room quietly watching Boomerang, Craig is at work; and mom is watching the Astro's - What A Wonderful Day!

Blog Archive