Sunday, August 10, 2008

Desperate for the Olympics!


I do not know if you can figure this picture out but this is a set of rabbit ears WITH some foil on them in my desperation to be able to watch the Olympics. For some crazy reason we could not have our Dish TV installed until 12 days after we moved in. My main concern was the Olympics. According to my husband my obsession with the Olympics is strange but I have always loved them! I love gymnastics, swimming, diving and of course all of the personal interest stories they feature on the athletes! So after hearing me complain about missing them he finally said I wonder if we can get some rabbit ears and pick them up. Off to Wal-Mart we went and low and behold they still sell rabbit ears. We proudly picked up a pair and plugged them in. I now get a total of 8 channels - 3 of them are Spanish and 1 is some other foreign language that we cannot figure out!!! But most importantly with the rabbit ears on the floor toward the balcony and the foil I can get the Olympics - Oh happy day!! I think my husband may be thinking...you might be a redneck if you rig up rabbit ears in order to watch the Olympics!

In other news...apartment living continues...luckily we have not received any complaints but if I had a nickel for every time I said don't run, walk on your tip toes - JOEL - walk on your tip toes - I would be rich!! Christian has been gone since Thursday to my mom and dad's. All of the other boys got time over the summer by their selves so it was his time. He does not want to come home - and I can't really blame him -ha. ha -who would want to leave full TV, not having to share the computer, getting everything you want, and not having to be quite as you walk!! He was very sad to hear that he would have to come home Wednesday or Thursday morning because he has his orientation at his school on Thursday!

Blog Archive