Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy 12th Birthday Christian!

Today is Christian's birthday. WOW - 12 years. It is very hard to believe. Christian was a very, very, very long (40 1/2 hours) and hard delivery and then when I finally had him he was not breathing because the chord had been wrapped around his neck. Not a very "easy" entrance into the world. But despite a hard beginning he hasn't let anything stop him. He is a very good brother, helps me when I need it, is an excellent A student and we are learning is a very talented trumpet player. He really enjoys school and LOVES band. I know the recent transition of moving was harder on him then he ever admitted to any of us and yet he has adjusted very well. Both Craig and I are extremely proud of him.

Due to the fact that we are still in the apartment we had to alter his birthday plans. He wants to have some of his friends come over and spend the night so we will do that in a couple of weeks when we have moved into the house. Yesterday morning I had sent in a birthday request to our Christian radio station here KLTY. So on his way to school they announced his birthday on the radio. Although he acted embarrassed I know he really liked it!! We got up this morning to go eat breakfast together before Craig had to go to work. He had requested for everyone to give him money for his birthday but I had already started buying him stuff. A couple of months ago he said he wished he would have done his room in Longhorns rather than Astros. Shortly after that I found Longhorn bedding on sale and marked down drastically. On a whim (which is not me) I went ahead and bought him the Longhorn bedding and sheets. Then Grandpa Billy & Jo got him the accessories. I don't think he was quite so excited about the bedding but he did get some cash from his other grandparents and that made him HAPPY. I think once we get into the new house and we decorate his room he will enjoy it all a little more!!

Keep us all in your prayers - baring no unforeseen circumstances we are to do our walk through on Monday and close on our house on Friday, Dec. 12th. We will then move one week from today - YEAH!! We appreciate prayers that the closing and moving would all go smoothly.

Blog Archive