Monday, December 1, 2008

Lord did you really mean to give me boys??


My friend Tina is always telling me to write down all these crazy things that my boys do and say. (Like - what color truck does Jesus drive; how do airplanes see; how come God did not choose my dad to be Noah!) I started writing some of them down in a book but I think that book is in storage somewhere. But I was thinking tonight - Lord did you really mean to give me boys. I mean WHY is bodily noises so much fun, and funny and ALWAYS have to turn into a competition. Why must they constantly be hitting, kicking, jumping and wrestling? Why must EVERYTHING be a competition - first one to the car, last one to the car...? Why must we CONSTANTLY annoy each other on purpose???? Why does their bathroom have to smell like a bathroom in a convenience store?!! I read a devotional this morning and it said God is working everything out for our benefit - so I know God has to be working on me somehow -ha. ha.

Here is a few examples of the craziness that is part of our normal routine here. For instance on Saturday as I was in returning the key to our salesman after looking at our house, I am barely out of the door when I hear Joel screaming in the car. Only to find out that he has somehow gotten trapped in the seatbelt. I worked on and worked all the while as he was screaming and could not get him free. I don't know how he did it but this is the SECOND time he has done this. The first time was a couple of years ago and he was in Grandpa Billy's truck. He had to wait until I got home to the apartment and LOCATE the scissors to get him out. Yep, I had to cut right through the seatbelt to get him out. (Don't even want to try to figure out how much that costs to replace).

Sunday as we drove to church Joel is hollering at Caleb to stop. Finally after listening to this several times I said Joel what is Caleb doing to you? Joel replies in a very frustrated voice - Caleb is breathing! I was like breathing - Joel , Caleb has to breathe. Joel said but it is annoying me!!

Lastly, Craig has been working some 11 am - 11 pm shifts recently. This has caused me to flashback to the years when he worked nights and it is causing the boys to revert back to bad behavior of fighting mom at bedtime. So tonight after finally getting Joel asleep, I could hear Caleb talking (now remember they all are sharing the master bedroom in the apartment. They have Christian's full size mattress and Joel's twin size to sleep in so getting them all to sleep takes a miracle!). So anyway I hear Caleb talking, I holler down the hallway Caleb stop talking. He was silent for a minute and said mom I wasn't talking ... I was PRAYING. Oops - I said okay keep praying and add mom to that list as well!!

So although they can't seem to get along when they are all awake - they certainly don't mind all sleeping together!!! As I reflect the fact that Christian will be 12 on Saturday - I see how all 3 of them complete our family and I love them very much!

Blog Archive