Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Things that start with S......

Sickness. My prayer is that this is the LAST time for a LONG time that I start a post about sickness. But Caleb finally got the flu last Sunday evening. He was out of school Monday - Wednesday and was very mad to have to go back on Thursday!! (Remember school is not his favorite past time). He had it just like everyone else - high fever, coughing and just wanting to sleep. So since all 3 boys have had it I feel like we are done with the flu!

Shelton. My great friend Tina Shelton had a birthday yesterday. Since this is the first year in a LONG time that we have been close enough to get together I just HAD to see her for her birthday. I ended up driving to Canton on Friday and we spent the day at 1st Monday. We did a lot of shopping, eating and TALKING. I just love spending time with her and we never run out of things to talk about. She is such a special friend and I thank God for her regularly! My mom jumped in and picked up the boys from school so that I didn't have to rush home. Joel ended up spending the night with them on Friday night and as he says when we go to Grammy's we get to do WHATEVER we want! Which for him means ice cream, donuts and a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese.

STARS
. Randy and Sherri were already coming into town this past weekend for David's tennis tournament. Randy called a friend of his and got ALL of the family box seats at the STARS ice hockey game on Saturday. Christian was the only one who had ever been to an ice hockey game - my dad had taken him while we were in Houston - so everyone was very excited. Craig and Christian really liked the game. Caleb was really in to it at first and then was done. Joel NEVER got into it...he watched cartoons on the TV in the box pretty much the whole game. It was not my favorite sport simply because I do not understand the game, plus I did not make the connection about how cold it would be. Thankfully they had blankets that you could use in the box. We all had a great time though and really appreciated the chance to attend in such style!

We are off on another week. The first week in over a month that I have not had some one sick at home! The kids are looking forward to Spring Break coming up and the start of baseball games as well.

Blog Archive