Friday, March 13, 2009

Open House


As all schools do last night was Caleb & Joel's Elementary School's Open House. Now Thursday nights we normally have baseball practice for Joel but due to the heavy rain it was canceled. So Caleb said, "Mom can we PLEEEEASE go to Open House." I was like Caleb I really, really do not want to go to open house. I had a horrible headache and the thought of fighting the traffic and all of those kids was not my idea of fun for a Thursday night PLUS I felt like I had been set free since we weren't having baseball. Caleb dropped his little head in sadness so I said okay I will take ya'll.

I am glad we went. The kids had some really cute posters and projects in their room. I LOVED this wanted poster for Joel that his teacher made. She said she just thought of each kid and things they told her and then made them. It fit him to a tea! Obviously Joel's class was focused on Texas History and all of his work had a "Texas" flair to it.

Caleb had done a slide show presentation for his Possum project. I HATED that project. I looked forever for a plastic possum to use for his diaraoma and ended up finding a rat and painting it to look like a possum. He did the power point presentation at school and did a great job. He had really cool effects on all of his typed out facts!

The kids are out on Spring Break next week and they can not wait!!

Blog Archive